Sunday, August 31, 2008

Carson's New Do

Ok, so on Saturday I mentioned to Chad that we needed to take Carson to get a trim, just a little off the top,and around the ears. So, after going to lunch we stopped by the salon and they were completely booked. I thought oh well, we can just take him next week sometime. So, we get home and I am getting ready for the gym, and Chad says I can give Carson a haircut. I said ok, because Chad has given himself haircuts and does a pretty good job. So I told him to take just an inch off the top and sides, and off I went to the gym. When I get home this is what I see:

(the before)

All of his hair is pretty much gone! Tears were shed! My baby looks like a little boy now, not a baby. I guess Chad's idea of an inch is way different then mine! It's gonna take some getting used to. I kept saying his hair is gone, and Ella reassures me"Mom, he's still Carson."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww! I think it looks pretty darn cute! Can't wait to see the little guy next week. I like what Ella said, "it's still Carson Mom!" That's funny!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Carson is an absolute doll no matter what the hair do is. I think he looks darn cute with his little boy haircut! I do remember feeling like your feeling though. When Blake was a baby he had all this curly hair. I thought it was adorable, but aparently Brian thought he looked like a girl with it. So when Brian insisted on Blake getting a little trim I did agree but I wasn't expecting him to look like he was ready to leave on a mission. He had a regular little boy, missionary haircut. He looked darling but it still made me cry.
Its hard to see our babies get bigger. But Ella's right he's still Carson. And he still a cute baby!
JoLynn

codyandkristiboretsky said...

Oh my goodness I'm laughing and crying at the same time! All that beautiful hair- GONE! I take it Chad isn't allowed to be around Carsen with scissors anymore right?! It's a good thing he's so darn cute still. I love that squishy little boy!

Alli Loar said...

Oh my gosh! I love it, he looks so cute with his new haircut, I think it is adorable, and is probably so much cooler for him!

Sabrina Hulse said...

Like I said at the blessing Ashely, I think he looks great but I wanted to let you know that I understand too. I just barley got Haleys hair cut for the first time and it took me about three months of going back and forth and hearing people tell me she had a mullet, which she did, before I finally got it cut. Thanks for coming to the blessing, it was great to see you guys.

Hannah + 4 said...

AW! I think he looks great! I can't believe how much older it makes him look! It's so cute! Did Chad at least save the hair???

Barb Moody said...

Umm, Carson could be a total bald eagle or even have sprouts growing from his head and he'd still be the most handsome little guy in the world! I absolutely love it and he couldn't be cuter!

Therena Taylor & Family said...

oooooh, he still looks so cute, though! I just love how cute he is!!!

TJ's Big Adventures said...

Thanks for sharing. I can't stop laughing picturing the you coming home to see carson's new haircut. I was a good try on chad's part. He HE He

Becky said...

His hair is cute and I'm sure it will grow back fast...boys' hair does that! He does look older.

I hope I can make it Friday..we are supposed to go on a ward camp out, but if my kids are sick we're staying home, and I'll be there!