Friday, October 24, 2008

Fall Traditions

One of our favorite things to do this time of year, is to visit Mother Nature's Farm. This was our 2nd year going.There is lots of fun stuff for the kids to do. We had a great time, and this is becoming our favorite Fall tradition!

Grammie and Ella enjoying the hayride

Pop Pop decorating a pumpkin for Carson

Carson looking at his beautifully decorated pumpkin

Carson blending in with the pumpkins

Ella decorating her pumpkin

My favorite little pumpkins!

The three musketeers:)


Another tradition, is Fall cooking and baking! Here is my favorite fall recipe:
PUMPKIN COOKIES
2 c. sugar
2 c. butter
*blend sugar and butter then add:
2 c. pumpkin
2 eggs
5 c. flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. pumpkin spice
2 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. cloves
Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes
Makes 5 dozen cookies
*can add chocolate chips too!
Frosting for Cookies
1 8oz. package cream cheese
1 cube butter
4 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
*allow cookies to cool before frosting.

6 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

We love that place too. Its a lot of fun for the kids and the adults. Thanks so much for your Pumpkin Cookie recipe. I can't wait to try it out!!!
JoLynn

Sabrina Hulse said...

Ashley your blog is so cute. I am so sorry that I didnt see your invite to Ellas B-Day party. We are sorry that we missed it. I heard that it turned out great and that Ella had a blast. You will have to tell me where this mother natures place is at, I think Haylee would have a lot of fun.

Judy/Mom said...

Just getting caught up on everyone's blog--yours is so cute and you are creating such fun and memorable traditions. Your kids are lucky to have such wonderful parents and grandparents!

Alli Loar said...

Love the picss at the pumpkin patch! Carson is so adorable in the middle of all the pumpkins!What a fun tradition! I want to make those cookies today, but I don't have the ingredients..see you at moms.

Hannah + 4 said...

How fun! We are going to one tonight for fme! I'm so excited! Cookies sound so yummy! (are they the one's that tawna made and brought to the office?) I'm going to attemp to make them!

Becky said...

I love fall and pumpkin patches...I've never been to Mother Nature's Farm, but I've always wanted to go. It looks so fun- your kids look like they loved it!! Have fun trick or treating tonight!