Monday, July 7, 2008

6 MONTHS OLD



I can't believe my baby is 6 months old today. It just seems like yesterday I found out I was pregnant with him. They don't stay little for a minute. I am so very thankful for Carson and the sweet spirit he brings to our home. He is such a happy baby, always laughing and smiling. He has been such a great addition to our little family. Thinking back 6 months ago brings back a flood of emotions. Carson was born 3 1/2 weeks early. He had some breathing problems after he was born, and had to stay in the NICU for a week. Besides holding him shortly after he was born, I didn't get to hold him for 2 days, those were the hardest 2 days not knowing what was going on, and not knowing if he was going to be ok. He was such a fighter and I am so thankful he is a healthy, happy 6 month old today. I love him so very much, and feel blessed I get to be his mommy!



Carson under the oxygen tent 1 day oldFirst time Ella saw Carson
The day Carson came home, Ella holding him for first time.

1 month

2 months

3 months

4 months

5 months

6 Months

11 comments:

Hannah + 4 said...

He is so cute! I had no idea he was early and went through that! I'm glad everything turned out okay. He looks like the sweetest little boy ever! Every one kept telling me they grow so fast and I never really believed them but they do! I can't believe my little Avree is 10 months already!

Carrie said...

That was such a sweet post Ashley! Your little guy is so dang cute and has so much hair! I can't believe he's 6 months already I remember in January when he was born and that dosen't seem that long ago! :o)

Anonymous said...

Aww, Carson is such a little ham! I didn't know he was early-you would never know by the size of the little guy! He is so stinkn cute and a keeper. Lil boys are the best! BUT i am a little biased :)

Miss Niss said...

Ashley, you don't know me, but I knew your hubby in jr high and high school! you have an oh so CUTE little family! Please tell Chad that Anissa Chatwin (now Chapman) says hello!

SloneFamily said...

Hi Ashley... it's Aly (Laurie's Daughter) I just had to post a comment... Carson is so cute! Oh my goodness he looks exactly like your Dad. And I didnt realize Ella was so old already. Wow, your family is very cute.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Where have you been? :) It is so funny that we are very similar-our 5 year is Aug. 9 and pretty much both our kids are within months of each other. Are you ready for another :o I am probably crazy for thinking I am, but we shall see what happens!

Becky said...

He's so cute Ashley. I just love his hair. They do grow fast. It's sad with the second one becuase you want them to stay small and enjoy them.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh my goodness-Ashley!!!! You are as beautiful as ever and your little kids are absolutely darling!!! I'm so glad you have a blog now I don't have to always ask Ali how you are now I can go and see how you are. It's good to see you all grown up and doing so well!
JoLynn Ellsworth (Landers)

Audra Roberts said...

Your family is a great looking family. I love Carson's hair and all the hair accessories in Ella's hair.

Ali said...

So fun to see him grow in those pix! (ok we need to knock some sense into Megan-tee hee, JJ Meg) you are super mama and can totally handle it!! Have a good rest of the week!

Sione and Britni Fa said...

Hey Ashley! I can't believe how big your kids are getting- that baby is so cute! It's nice to get caught up with you guys!